April 26, 2008

The Pink Thing: When the night kicks in
View previous entry to further understand the flow of this event.



Performances: Mia Palencia

Like I said. We have local artists, few local bands and college students performing.
Didn't have the chance to took pictures of all those performances though, I was busy!
Akil and I were assigned as ushers for Mia Palencia.


Mia Palencia is a rising solo artist in Malaysia. Her melodious voice was the bomb of the night.

Akil and I waited for her arrival at the valet.

Her band members and family came to help and support her.
I ushered her in to the courtyard, while Akil waited for another car to arrive; which took like an hour and the half later; because they arrived at the wrong college. LOL.


Mia and her band; Doing their sound-check
While waiting for them to finish, I decided to snap a few shots (:
What kills were the sound system our college provided. It's lousy.

After dinner and a few performances by our college students, it was Mia's turn to perform.
I managed to snap only one miserable shot because;
no 1; I'm short and there's like so many people who are taller and bigger than me standing in front of me, waving their hands, screaming and jumping. How am I suppose to see? I tip-toed ok!
no 2: I was rather busy myself therefore I wasn't there early to stand in the front.
no 3: I need a good camera laa..Like urm.... DSLR :D

Photographers hogging to get a good shot of her.
These students had the privilege to go in front and took pictures of her because they're those mass comm-ers who plan to write an article about her in our campus plus paper.

After her performances, it was time for her to leave. She's a really nice person.
Talked to her and thanked her for coming before she leaves the campus.
Then, her manager decided to take pictures of us for her website.
Akil was there, and he managed to squeeze in and get a few shots of us as well.

Mia (:


Mia and her band; Me; Far right-Akil :D

Yuri from Frequency Canon; me; Mia

Bus Company

Somehow, Florence managed to get Bus Company to perform as well.
Bus Company was the winner from Battle of the Bands.
Their seriously good. I was like jumping and shaking my head off when they started performing.
What really funny was at the end, they performed Justin Timberlake's -What goes around comes around.
They made it their version. It was nice, despite that they forgot their lyrics and had someone standing on the stage holding the lyrics right in front of Sam's(the lead singer) eyes. LOL.
After that, went in the restaurant, have a little chat with them and then they left.


Jason;Dionne;Evonne;Florence;your's truly; two of Bus Company members(Sam and Darren)
In front: Zheng Joo.


Frequency Canon



Students were going crazy when they started performing.
And Kuaci; he's really nice friendly, and funny.
He was even funnier on stage. LOL
Owh, before that, Yuri arrived earlier compared to his other band members.
So Jason and I ushered him into the restaurant to placed his equipments.

and OMG..his car.. Yellow and sporty. Don't know the name but I love it. So classic and so fine :D


Frequency Canon
Rocking hard!!


Frequency Canon; your's truly; Dionne; Evonne


Evonne;Dionne;Kuaci;your's truly

6 comments:

  1. Wa..ppl partay with celebs (semi-celebs...watever la) lo...hahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... mei yen is better... there are my photos in here... kudos to miss lew.. hehe... itu leonard tak letak our photo pun.. satu pun takda... sedih....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah wah wah...so cun!!!!! although i dun reli noe them...but it's cool u get to see them in person and take pics with them...greeeeeeennnnnn =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. all i can say is..ummmmm...lots of pics:)

    *happy? i commented

    ReplyDelete