April 26, 2008

The Pink Thing
Pink because it's associated with the Breast Cancer association, and we are trying to help this girl who are currently suffering from breast cancer.

Pre-Event: Fund Raising

Remember about The Pink Thing event I told you readers about in the other post?
Oh well. It started off well, and it ended perfectl. And it.was.a.blast (:
Most, as in A LOT came in pink. Everyone has something pink-ish on them.
It was such a beautiful sight. It shows that support are pouring in from these people, thus appreciating our hard work.
Never mind to those of you who had no clue about what I just mentioned.
Because, I am going to try and update this blog with every single detail on this event. From top to the bottom, left to the right, side to side.
But you have to be bare with me and be patience :]
Thanks to all the crew members and the etc who worked together and made that night possible.
So, like I said earlier( in previous entry), we had a pre-event event. It was a fund raising.
The fund-raising was on for two consecutive days.
We sold french fries, nuggets, sausages, fried noodles, fruits, and drinks.
We had Henna as well.G manage to ask his friend, the Henna artist to help us out.
No doubt that she's really good at what she's doing.
And on the night of the orientation night itself, bright red blooming roses were sold as well.
Oh.I forgot. Socks. We sold socks as well. "It's a good socks ok", quoted Mr.Murali. :D
I know, you must be thinking. Socks? Why of all items, SOCKS? =.="
Believe me. I wish I had the answer as well, love.
Anyhoo, the fund raising was a success! :D

As I was saying; Nuggets, fries, sausages and fruits.
People involved: Deborah, Dionne, Mun Suet, Jason, Nash, G, Akil, Elsa, Max, and your's truly. I'm sorry if I missed out on anyone :/
What do we do?
Very simple, Three words.
Fry,Attract,Sell.
Few of us were in charge of frying, while some of us had to attract passersby and sell it to them :]
And as for those staffs and lecturers, few of us went up to the office and made them our target. muahahaha :D


Your's truly & Jason
-of oily-faced, sweaty foreheads and unbearable heat-


In Jason's frying pan: Yellow crispy fries, In my pot: Golden brown nuggets.


Akil
-he's one guy who can't put the fries in the cup without dropping a few stripes on the table-


Some of the crew members
Max lookeing busy... -.-'


Henna drawing
-Dionne loves Henna so much that she went for two.I bet if the Hanna artist stayed longer, Dionne body will be covered up with Hanna.lol.-

Decorations & Goodie Bags

After the fund raising, more helpers came in to help us.
Especially to those Diploma in Communications students. They came although they are on leave for their finals which will be next Monday.
Thanks a lot guys and good luck in your finals (:

We used butterflies and balloons as our element for the decorations for the event.
The balloons were really really hard to blow ya'll!!
So freaking hard.
My cheeks felt like it was going to tear/burst/expand each time I tried puffing it up.
I didn't even manage to puff up one complete balloon :(
All of the deco-crew were so tired of blowing the balloons.
Fortunately, Mr.Murali came with his very expensive electrical pump. LOL.
And yes, it saved me, and the rest of the crew from expanding their cheeks which might even ended up tearing.



Love-shaped balloons!! I like! (: But, THIS was the killer-balloon. So pretty yet so dangerous.
Love can be deceiving. haha.



Jason's little devil.


deco-crew members getting busy


After that, Mr.Murali wanted me to pack the goodie bags for those who registered themselves during the orientation night.
Initially, Akil and I had to pack those goodie bags all by ourselves! (200-300 goodie bags, mind you)
Thank god, Nicholas came and invited his juniors to help us pack it.
It made our job so much easier after all the deep-frying and cheek-tearing activities.


Items we packed for the goodie bags.


A rough image before the night began


Picture of the day:
Mr.Murali's outfit for the party. He decided to use pink papers to "accesor-ise" himself because he seriously has nothing pink in color.

3 comments:

  1. eh miss lew... its henna not hanna... hmmm... i am doing it on charity purposes only la.. wont get my whole body full of it.. hehe... unlike u.. ask to support pun tak nak... =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO.HENNA.haha.paiseh :D. u know la, i'm not a fan of this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh..i can put the fries in properly la..u had to take the pic the one time it actually fell..ish. I bet other guys cud have dropped it too..lol

    ReplyDelete